Monday, May 21, 2012

FO: Cath Kidston Inspired Granny Square Blanket!

 I finished my Cath Kidston blanket yesterday morning! It was actually a reasonably quick crochet for a blanket and so fun to make. I started it on May 10th and finished it on May 20th.


This is only my 2nd crocheted blanket in the 9 years that I have been crocheting. I always that that it was more of a commitment than it really is. I think I am completey addicted and will definitely be making more. I already have some yarn for the next afghan I'm planning :)


Look who's already enjoying it!


Here are the nitty gritty details:

Yarn:
Red Heart Soft Touch in "guacamole" ( 1 skein), "lemon" (1 skein), "white" (1 skein), and "blue sky" (1 skein).
Bernat Satin: "crimson" (4 skeins) and "flamingo" (2 skeins)

Hook Size:
US H

Pattern:
Basic Granny Square Pattern that you can find here.

Notes:
I joined the squares as I went using Lucy of attic 24's wonderful tutorial.
Each square has 7 rounds. Each being a different color. The 4th round and last round were always red.
A total of 42 squares were used. The blanket is 6 squares by 7 squares.
Finished size measures 41 inches by 46 inches.
The border is 2 rounds of granny stitches (just treat the whole blanket like it is one big granny square) and 1 row of single crochet (3sc in each corner)


I really did love this project and can't wait to start another. The size is great for curling up on the couch and taking a nap. The yarn was surprisingly soft and non squeaky or scratchy for acrylic and I will definitely be using it again.

Up next in the crochet queue is a coordinating pillow. I'm thinking Bunny Mummy's new daisy pattern would be perfect!

16 comments:

  1. of course I am gushing!! This is the prettiest one I have seen so for! Thanks so much for the details. Now I am wishing that I had used red for the last round instead of white. I was to intimidated to try the join as you go method, maybe next time. I still do not know how I will join the squares, I haven't thought that far ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and can I place a "custom order" for one of those cuties that is enjoying the blanket?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this afghan!!!! What more can I say!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect!!!! And the Daisy Pattern pillow will be so cute with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Becky,
    I've just come over from your mother's blog...and I am glad I did!

    Love the colours of your Granny blanket...very striking! Who's the sweetie who is taking up all the camera??

    going back now to browse some more

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog looks great! Just joined as a follower. Your red granny blanket had me digging through my stash for some red yarn. I love it!
    Lynne
    Oh, and your dog is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous blanket. Your colour choices are a ray of sunshine!! Found you through your mom's blog. Apparently creative talent runs in the family!! I'm a new follower!
    Bronwyn @ Queen B Creative Me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your color choices, they make me smile

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with your afghan! I've been a knitter for decades, but never learned how to crochet. I finally bought myself a learn to crochet book and planned to learn how before I had grandkids, but they came along too soon! I still hope to learn someday. Your dog is adorable, too. :@

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it and I'm going to copy if you don't mind and make it for my daughter..the colors are beautiful...It's so bright and beautiful...thank you for sharing...hope your having a great day...with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything about this blanket

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blanket, I want to make this blanket too, maybe a little bit different, but the idea was youre's.
    I will make a link to your site when I post my blanket.

    Thank You Very Much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE that blanket! And of course, that sweet baby of yours, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love this blanket, the colors are marvelous and blend together so well. I want to make one in Granny Squares, I just can't get it started. Think I'll go get a cup of tea and relax, go to Attic 24 and see what happens. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colors, I need to start one now.. Thanks for posting this beautiful blanket..

    ReplyDelete