Friday, July 20, 2012

granny along within a granny along

Have you all heard about the great granny along? I absolutely love the sewn square design based on the classic crochet granny square. I was a little bummed that I could not participate since my sewing skills need great improvement, but then I realized "duh!" I can make real granny squares. So my mom (HappyLittleCottage) and I decided to do a little granny along together. She is doing the sewn granny squares and I am doing crocheted grannies, so it's a granny along within a granny along :)


She picked out the fabric and I did my best to match up the colors. I am using my new favorite acrylic yarn... Hobby Lobby's "I love this yarn, in aqua, light yellow, red, medium pink, and leaf green. 

Be sure to check out the adorable sewn granny square details over at Happy Little Cottage!

7 comments:

  1. I was reading your mom's blog about this only to learn that you are mother and daughter. How fun! I'm actually doing the sewn grannies! It will be fun to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are great! These are the colors I want to use for my next afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I always love the colors you use in your designs. Everything screams "happy" with all your trademark brights. Quilting is something I'd like to do one day too. I've even collected fabric to get started on, but that's one of my "maybe someday" things. like many crafters, I take on may more than I'll ever do in my lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the colours! I have a load of "hand me down" yarn from my mother-in-law, but no nice reds, blues and yellows and pinks like these!!! definitely on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors you are using ! So pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  6. you guys are just too cute! i love your mom's blog, now to find she has a cuter than cuteness daughter! how sweet that you both love to create together and that she has passed down her love for handmade to you :) you are blessed...and this blog!! is just as cute as hers! love it!
    ♥ much love

    ReplyDelete
  7. we are finally getting a Hobby Lobby store near us in August. I have been wanting to try out their yarn. Your squares are so pretty! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete